Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Meeting the Supernanny!


So - yesterday morning I get the call...the Supernanny will be doing a meet and greet after taping wraps for the day at 6:30pm. Then, I get a text...it's actually at 8pm. A few hours later, word spreads it's actually at 8:30! So, I must decide if I really want to meet the Supernanny or if I'd rather just curl up in bed. Tough decision, right. At 8:15, the kids are in bed...the word from my mom friends is that they are already there...and panic ensues...It is no longer a question of if I'll go, it's how fast can I get ready and get there!


Maybe I should back the story up a bit. So, a couple of weeks ago...word spread around the Mommy gossip...no I mean information chain, that the Supernanny was going to be taping at a house in our neighborhood. Shock - amazement...really?!?! Just around the corner? The family has twin boys who are in 1st grade at Jack's school and a 3 year-old little girl. Story has it, that the mom sent a question in to the show and they asked her to apply for the show. They did and here we are. We spoke to both parents while we were waiting and they both praised how amazing this process really is. They said the kids forgot about the cameras in about an hour and that JoJo has given them all kinds of good advice and suggestions that are starting to work ALREADY! They also recommended her new book - if you are looking for one that is. :-)


I'm not sure when taping started...but it is pretty exciting to drive down the street and see all the production trucks, van, etc. One friend even snapped a picture of the Supernanny's car! :-)


A little excitement in the hood! Oh, and did I mention that Extreme Home Makeover is in Tucson this week too?!?! It's just crazy! I'm guessing that there are few on-location cities where crews want to be filming right now. The desert seems like a logical place! :-)

No comments: