Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lots of fun...things to see

So, we went out to the property today - it's been almost 2 months since we've been out there (can you say...Little League was all consuming?!?) Anyway, while we were out exploring, we ran into a herd of cattle. Now, we've seen these guys before in the neighbors yard...thought they were cool. But let me tell you how startling it is to look up and see a GIGANTIC bull cow - w/very large, sharp looking horns staring at you through the brush! He was H-U-G-E! Not sure how they can eat enough roaming the desert to get that big, but let me just say...he was big! Anyway, we quickly gathered up the troops (meaning husband and kids) and walked quickly back to the car! From the safety of the car we could see that there were probably 2 Bulls, at least one female and a couple of calves. I tried to snap some pictures, but the one kept a close eye on me...so I didn't dare get too close! :-) Do you see him staring me down???


While we were out exploring, before we ran into the cows we found half a set of antlers. Pretty cool, we thought! :-)




No comments: