Monday, October 12, 2009

Todd's race in the Twin Cities















Todd and I went to the Twin Cities, for his marathon. It was beautiful and we were treated like royalty. The people there were very nice and we were shuttled, fed and informed really well by the race coordinators. Can't say enough about the beautiful location. We stayed right on the Mississippi River and wandered St. Paul's beautiful downtown and theatre district. Todd's race went well - given that he had been suffering from an injury for the last couple of months and wasn't able to get the miles in that he wanted. Part of the excitement of the weekend was running into my former student, Ilsa Paulson. She ended up winning the women's race and $25,000! Pretty exciting!

2 comments:

Ilsa Paulson said...

Hi Hansberry's!

It's Ilsa - it was sooooo..... great to see you at the Twin Cities Marathon. I'd love to stay in touch, via email, phone,etc. I'm glad Todd had a good race. God bless you and your family!

The Tucson Gang said...

Hi Ilsa - We really enjoyed seeing you at the marathon too! And, we were REALLY excited about your big win! CONGRATULATIONS! I was telling Ms. Paladichuk about seeing you via facebook while we were still in MN! :-)

I'd love to keep in touch. You can email me at thansberryaz(at) yahoo(dot)com - my sister suggested I leave it this way so spammers wouldn't get the email link. I would love to hear from you again - and if you're ever headed to AZ...let us know!