Monday, December 8, 2008

Good times in Sacramento




Todd at mile 26.2...definitely ready for that finish line!














Morning of...on the way to the race. They look pretty good don't they?!?


The rag tag bunch at the start line...the day before!
Good News...Todd and I just returned from Sacramento. He and a group from Tucson ran the Sacramento Marathon...and he got a personal best by 6 minutes, running 26.2 miles in a time of 2:36:08 - even on a course with a tough top 1/2 AND a very cool morning! Way to go Todd!! The others he was with had great runs too, each making their time goal and qualifying for the Boston Marathon.

Sacramento was beautiful - lots of fall leaves and very cool temperatures! We had a great time and Todd's hard work and training paid off!

The boys also had a great time...splitting the weekend with Nana & Papa and Grandma & Grandpa!

Todd's stats: 2:36:08 33rd overall, 5th in age (out of a field of 5,200)
*Interesting facts...had Todd stayed in Tucson and ran the same time (even though the Tucson course is easier) - he would have WON! *Had Todd been 1 year older for the Sacramento race (ie. 40 yrs old), he would have placed 2nd in his age group - and maybe won some $$$.

3 comments:

Beth said...

WOW! Congrats Todd! I am just amazed at you two!! I am wanting to do a 1/2 marathon in the next year, but listening to both of your stories is truly amazing! Something to look up to! Maybe I will get off the couch in 2009 :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Todd! What an accomplishment! We're proud of you. --Linda

Lori said...

Way to go Todd! I'm not sure I could ride my bike 26 miles in that time. Assuming I had a bike. Anyway, great job!!! Now I can say I was lapped on the Newberg track by the guy who would have won the Tucson Marathon except he did the Sacramento Marathon and was too young to win some money for his accomplishment.